1. The EBS Release 12.2.11 RUP (Patch 31856789) was released on November 9 2021, in MOS Doc. ID: 2758997.1, Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.11 Readme New Features in R12.AD.C.Delta.7 and R12.TXK.C.Delta.7. It includes suite-wide and family-level granularity (unlike Release 12.2.3 and Release 12.2.2). You should apply the Release 12.2.11 RUP using Downtime Mode:
$ adop phase=apply patches=31856789 apply_mode=downtime
$ . <INSTALL_BASE>/EBSapps.env run
$ adop phase=cleanup
$ adop phase=fs_clone
- Apply the Oracle E-Business Suite Online Help for 12.2.11 Release Update Pack using adop Hotpatch Mode on the Run File System. Oracle strongly recommends installing this patch.
$ adop phase=apply patches=31856799 hotpatch=yes
- Grant Flexfield Value Set Access to specific users (required). Release12.2 includes a new security feature, Flexfield Value Set Security. It controls who can create or modify flexfield values in the Flexfield Values Setup window (FNDFFMSV). These are mandatory setup steps before any users can create or update values in the Values window.
However, if you choose not to implement Flexfield Value Set Security upon upgrading to or installing Release 12.2, you have two options to give users access to all Value Sets for backwards compatibility:
- Assign the seeded unlimited-access role (“Flexfield and Report Values: All privileges”) directly to users, responsibilities, or roles. With this option, users who have function security access to the Segment Values form and have this role either directly or indirectly can see, insert, and update values for any value set.
- Create an “all-value-sets, all-privileges, all-users”. With this option, any users who have function security access to the Segment Values form can view, insert, and update values for any value set.
- Register new/custom products (conditional).
After completing the steps to update all database tier nodes with the latest code level, perform the post-update steps for HR Legislative only if you have licensed that module. Refer to the Human Resources tasks step from MOS Doc. ID: 2230783.1, Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.7 Readme. Follow MOS Doc. ID: 2393232.1, Applying the R12.HR_PF.C.Delta.12 Release Update Pack.
- If you are an E-Business Suite Information Discovery customer, see MOS Doc. ID: 2214431.1, Installing Oracle E-Business Suite Information Discovery, Release 12.2 V8.
- If you support languages other than American English, perform NLS-related Step (conditional) from MOS Doc. ID: 2495027.1, Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.11 Readme.
- Run Patch Wizard for current recommended and high priority product patches. See MOS Doc. ID: 1400757.1, How to Find E-Business Suite Recommended Patches.
Patch Wizard is a tool included with Oracle Application Manager. Patch Wizard reviews recommended and high priority patches against those that have been applied on your system. Patches can be downloaded and merged using the tool. You can review patch impact to determine how a specific patch or several patches will affect your system. Review MOS Doc. ID: 976188.1, Patch Wizard Utility.
If your environment does not allow the Patch Wizard utility, review MOS Doc. ID: 1400757.1, How to Find Oracle E-Business Suite Recommended Patches.
- Perform the following three checks to verify the directory service assignments:
- Log in to Oracle E-Business Suite as the SYSADMIN user and check whether the Application Diagnostics responsibility appears for this user in the navigator. If not, then run the Workflow Directory Services User/Role Validation Concurrent Program with the parameters listed below.
- Run the following SQL query:
- SQL> SELECT ASSIGNING_ROLE, LAST_UPDATE_DATE, USER_ORIG_SYSTEM, USER_ORIG_SYSTEM_ID, ROLE_ORIG_SYSTEM, ROLE_ORIG_SYSTEM_ID FROM WF_USER_ROLE_ASSIGNMENTS WHERE USER_NAME = ‘SYSADMIN’ AND ROLE_NAME = ‘FND_RESP|FND|APPLICATION_DIAGNOSTICS|STANDARD’;
- If the originating system or originating system ID is null for either the user or the role in any of the records returned by this query, then run the Workflow Directory Services User/Role Validation Concurrent Program with the parameters listed below.
- Run the following SQL query to obtain the originating system ID of the Application Diagnostics responsibility in your Oracle E-Business Suite instance:
SQL> SELECT ORIG_SYSTEM_ID FROM WF_LOCAL_ROLES WHERE NAME = ‘FND_RESP|FND|APPLICATION_DIAGNOSTICS|STANDARD’;
Next, run the following SQL query, replacing <RESP_ID> with the originating system ID returned by the previous query:
SQL> SELECT * FROM FND_USER_RESP_GROUPS WHERE RESPONSIBILITY_ID = <RESP_ID> AND USER_ID = 0;
If this query does not return any rows, then run the Workflow Directory Services User/Role Validation concurrent program with the parameters listed below.
To update the assignment records for the SYSADMIN user, run the Workflow Directory Services User/Role Validation concurrent program with the following parameters:
- Batch size: 10000 (the default value)
- User name: SYSADMIN
- Role name: FND_RESP|FND|APPLICATION_DIAGNOSTICS|STANDARD
- Fix dangling users: No
- Add missing user/role assignments: Yes
- Update WHO columns in WF tables: Yes
- Number of Parallel Processes: Optionally specify the number of parallel processes you want to use when running the program.