Log File Locations
Different logs are created for Run Edition and Patch Edition Cloning. The log files are created in the following directories in the Run Edition File System:
- Per the instructions in MOS Doc. ID: 1383621.1, Cloning Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 with Rapid Clone:
If the database version is 12c Release 1, you must add the following line in your sqlnet_ifile.ora after adcfgclone.pl execution completes:
SQLNET.ALLOWED_LOGON_VERSION_SERVER = 8 (if the initialization parameter SEC_CASE_SENSITIVE_LOGON is set to FALSE)
SQLNET.ALLOWED_LOGON_VERSION_SERVER = 10 (if SEC_CASE_SENSITIVE_LOGON is set to TRUE)
- Don’t use a HOSTNAME in UPPER CASE.
Bug 23343062 – Incorrect Patch File System context file with dualfs option when hostname is in uppercase
On a host with uppercase name, the dualfs option of Cloning may result in the context name and context file name being out of sync between the Run and Patch File System. This can happen if the context name or other context variables containing hostname are specified in the pairsfile with the host value in upper case. For example, on host
_HOST with database SID
prod, if the pairsfile contains the entry
_HOST, the Run File System context name and context file name will be set to
.xml respectively while the Patch File System context name and context file name will be set to
.xml respectively. This will lead to validation errors during adop execution. To avoid this issue, in case the s_contextname or other context variables containing the hostname are specified in the pairsfile, the specified value should always have the host in lower case.
- One recent change that came from either a CPU patch or AD-TXK patch affects cloning. You now need to create an etcc directory under the database Oracle Home, $ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/etcc.
From MOS Doc. ID: 1383621.1, Cloning Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 with Rapid Clone:
“Run EBS Technology Codelevel Checker (ETCC) on the database tier.
On the database tier, run the EBS Technology Codelevel Checker (ETCC) described in MOS Doc. ID: 1594274.1, Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2: Consolidated List of Patches and Technology Bug Fixes to confirm that all required database patches have been applied. EBS Technology Codelevel Checker (ETCC) is available via Patch 17537119 and analyzes an Oracle Database Oracle Home, and warns of any missing database bug fixes required for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2. It is run with the command checkDBpatch.sh (on UNIX) or checkDBpatch.cmd (on Windows). Further instructions are available in the patch readme. Ensure to install the latest version of ETCC into the directory:
- Before cloning a system with Rapid Clone, be sure to allow any active online patching cycles to run all the way through the final (cleanup) phase. In case patches are applied in Hotpatch or Downtime Mode, then you must run the
adop. Review Oracle E-Business Suite Maintenance Guide.
- Then run
fs_cloneto synchronize with the other file system, to avoid the need for synchronization to be performed in the next patching cycle. For more information, review Oracle E-Business Suite Maintenance Guide.
- A global (central) inventory is generally recommended for all Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 application tier nodes and database tier nodes.