According to MOS Doc. ID: 2655839.2, Information Center: Oracle Database 19c with Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2 and 12.1:
- Lifetime Support Stages and Benefits of Lifetime Support (https://www.oracle.com/support/lifetime-support/)
- The Applications Unlimited Lifetime Support Policy is available here:
- Premier Support for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 through at least Dec 2032.
- Premier Support is available for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1 through Dec 2021. After Dec 2021, Market Driven Support (MDS) will be available for 2022 and 2023. Additional details regarding MDS for Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1.3 will be published soon.
- According to MOS Doc. ID: 742060.1, Database: Release Schedule of Current Database Releases:
- 19c Long Term Release
- Premier Support (PS) ends April 30, 2024, Extended Support (ES) fees will be required beginning May 01, 2024, through April 30, 2027
- Error Correction / Patching is available through April 30, 2027, with paid ES. Without paid ES, patching is only available until April 30, 2024
- Extended Support for Database 126.96.36.199 through July 31, 2022. Oracle E-Business Suite customers may be eligible for a waiver to Extended Support Fees through July 31, 2022.
- Database 188.8.131.52 is in sustaining support. As of December 31, 2020, Market Driven Support (MDS) is available for Database 184.108.40.206. For more information see: Oracle Market Drive Support for Oracle Database 11g Release 2
- 19c Long Term Release
Follow the process documented in the following to determine eligibility for the waiver to database Extended Support fees: MOS Doc. ID: 2522948.1, Extended Support Fee Waiver for Oracle Database 12.1 and 11.2 for Oracle E-Business Suite.
Due to the certification timing of Oracle E-Business Suite with Oracle Database versions beyond 12.1, Oracle has waived Extended Support license uplift fees for
- Oracle Database 12.1 through 31 July 2022 licenses used for Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle Database 11.2 Extended Support ended December 2020
- Extended Support license uplift fees ended Extended Support December 31, 2020, for 220.127.116.11 databases used for Oracle E-Business Suite
- ACS Market Driven Support (MDS) available for 18.104.22.168 databases after December 2020
This Extended Support license uplift fee waiver will be specific to the Oracle Database licenses, within your company’s footprint, that you use for running Oracle E-Business Suite software.
If you have already paid your Oracle Database Extended Support license uplift fees, you may be eligible to receive a credit that we will apply against your Oracle account.
The Lifetime Support section of the Oracle Software Technical Support Policies documents the Extended Support license uplift fee waiver.
Per MOS Doc. ID: 2580629.1, Interoperability Notes: Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1 with Oracle Database 19c:
- When upgrading your Oracle E-Business Suite to Oracle Database 19c, your database will be converted to the multitenant architecture, with a Container Database (CDB) and a single Pluggable Database. Only multitenant architecture databases are certified for Oracle E-Business Suite with Oracle Database 19c.
- During the upgrade, you will also perform steps to migrate directories defined for PL/SQL File I/O to database directory objects. This requirement is due to the desupport in Oracle Database 19c of the UTL_FILE_DIR database initialization parameter.
- Oracle 19c Database Release Update Information for Oracle E-Business Suite:
- Oracle Database Release Update 19.3 as well as Release Update 19.5 and later are certified.
- Oracle recommends that you upgrade to the latest Oracle Database Release Update that is certified with Oracle E-Business Suite. Applying the latest Release Update will ensure that you have the security-related fixes and high-priority non-security fixes. See MOS Doc. ID: 2285040.1, Release Update Introduction and FAQ, for more details.
- You can upgrade directly from an earlier Oracle Database version to either:
- Oracle Database 19c Release Update 19.3
- Oracle Database 19c Release Update 19.6 or a later Oracle E-Business Suite certified RU.
- You can upgrade to Oracle Database 19c Release Update 19.5 indirectly:
- Upgrade from your earlier Oracle Database version to Oracle Database 19c Release Update 19.3
- Apply Oracle Database Release Update 19.5.